1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which rear effects speakers to go for?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MS-Yam, Aug 16, 2004.

1. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me decide which rear speakers are best for my situation?:

I have just bought a pair of Mordaunt-Short Avant 906 floorstanders for the main channels, I have the matching Avant 905 centre, and an MS308 sub. I am currently using a pair of Acoustic Energy AE100i speakers (currently for sale in hardware classifieds).

I am wanting to keep the speakers as a matching setup and have two options. I can either get a pair of 902s, or go for the 903 bipolars. I would preferably choose the 903s, as they are ideal for space saving, but sound is my main concern. The only worry I have is that I have read a few posts on here saying they lack bass weight. Having said that, the sub should be taking care of that department. I think the 902s would produce sufficient bass, but don't think the effects will be as precise as the 903s.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced these speakers and can give me the best solution? Any help greatly appreciated!

2. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Probably should be in the speakers forum? ;)

Mark.