Which RAM?

JohnnyBoy69

Standard Member
Im looking in2 the idea of building my own pc instead of buying one but i need a bit of help before i start ordering any components for it.

The thing i need to know is what kind of RAM i need to buy, either pc2700 or pc3200. im more than likely going to have an Athlon XP 2600 cpu but im not sure which motherboard yet (any suggestions on that would be a big help aswell!!!).

Do i need to buy RAM that is the same MHz as the motherboard or the cpu? from what i gather pc2700 is 333MHz and pc3200 is 400MHz so which one will be better suited to the XP 2600?

If any of this makes no sense all then i apologize for my complete lack of knowledge but any help with be greatly accepted!!!!

.Griff.

All depends on what your motherboard can support. Could be PC2700, PC3200, PC3500, PC3700, PC4000..............

G

GRees

The FSB on a 2600 is 333MHz, so unless you're into tweaking and squeezing every last ounce of performance out of your machine, I would use pc 2700 at 333MHz which should give you a nice stable machine - essential for a HTPC.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom