Which PVR for 7 day EPG?

MartinImber

Pace Twin is good - just needs the new software

£200 from Argos

P

pr1uk

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
I hear that freview will soon have a 7 day epg running. Which pvr's will be able to accomodate this? I'mafter Sky+ functionality but without the cost and the 950 rubbish channels.

the Pace is nice (i have one) but its not got 7 day EPG and as far as i know it not getting it well soon anyway. also the now and next is slow so if it did get a 7 day your have to make a cup of tea waiting for it to load. apart from that yes i recommened the Pace twin.

Stereo Steve

I think I'll wait for the EPG to come online. I'm not keen on relying on a 3rd party epg as they can just pull it anytime. I'm going to keep sky+ for a few months until this situation develops then I will try to demo some of the boxes.

AOD

Novice Member
Another machine that claims it will support the 7 day EPG (when it launches) is the forthcoming Panasonic PVR, details here

Of course this machine hasn't been launched yet, but then neither has the EPG.

Looks like a nice machine, at double the capacity of the Twin for an extra £70 or so (at current prices).

AOD

Novice Member
Like the site says, units should be available in May, but I think it will be a case of wait and see.

To the best of my knowledge, the Twin also has a digital output (can't recall if it's optical or not), but I would imagine the chances of seeing DD broadcast via the BBC would be slim.

This is an organisation that won't even publicise broadcasts in Pro-Logic, never mind actually broadcasting in DD. :(

Top Bottom