Which PVR does remote activation recording?

wam7

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a TV with Freeview HD built in and also a Sky+ box that just has the Freesat channels.

I would like to add some recording features and also be able to watch one channel while recording another and also do remote recording by sending a signal from my phone to start recording. Is there a device that does all this and which make is more reliable?

I have a TV with Freeview HD built in and also a Sky+ box that just has the Freesat channels.

I would like to add some recording features and also be able to watch one channel while recording another and also do remote recording by sending a signal from my phone to start recording. Is there a device that does all this and which make is more reliable?

Out in about a month. See here.

Thanks for that. It looks good though it's a bit pricey. Are there any that do remote record for less than £200?

Thanks for that. It looks good though it's a bit pricey. Are there any that do remote record for less than £200?

I don't know of any. This likely to be a prime selling point feature so I don't expect it in budget ranges - yet.

But that top price is only for the Bluray recorder.

Other machines in the new range should do what you want and will be a lot cheaper than that. eg the HDD Digital recorders DMR-HWT230, DMR-HWT130 which will have twin HD tuners.

The HWT130 can be seen as the replacement for the HW120 and is therefore likely to be at the same price point and they seem to sell currently for quite a lot less than £200

Thomson TiVo series 1 with Tivoweb and a network card. Admittedly they are getting on a bit, SD only, single input, requires a small amount of Linux knowledge to set-up (but there are set by step guides), but still around.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Another way to do it is by using a Slingbox. Then you can have whatever PVR takes your fancy, and operate it remotely.

Bit more of a faff, because you're not just selecting something on a telly guide and having the box record it, you're actually having to physically do it as if you were sat in front of the telly doing it with the remote, but it does mean you're not restricted in PVR choice.

The Humax HDR-Fox T2 with modified firmware does remote recording and rules based scheduling plus many other things, see here and here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom