• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which Psp model can't tell?

nev

Standard Member
how Do you tell which model is which?
Without the Model or serial Numbers?

I have just bought a Psp from Fleabay and it needs a New Screen
Bur can't tel which one i require?
Thanks Nev...

Attachments

• 2011-12-02 psp1.jpg
    2011-12-02 psp1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 2011-12-02 psp2.jpg
    2011-12-02 psp2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 39001

I think on the bottom rim where a barcode is placed. Mine says PSP1003 so I know it's a PSP 1000 series.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
You have the 1st gen PSP.
1st gen (1000 series). The stereo speakers are at the bottom of the screen (those small holes either side). Also has a proper eject button for UMDs. Later models you just pull the back open.

2nd gen (2000 series) has the speakers at the top of the screen.
3rd gen (3000 series) has speakers at top & has the Playstation logo instead of "Home" button.

Last edited:

nev

Standard Member
You have the 1st gen PSP.
1st gen (1000 series). The stereo speakers are at the bottom of the screen (those small holes either side). Also has a proper eject button for UMDs. Later models you just pull the back open.

2nd gen (2000 series) has the speakers at the top of the screen.
3rd gen (3000 series) has speakers at top & has the Playstation logo instead of "Home" button.

thankyou For your Help very imformative
Nev...:thumbsup:

nev

Standard Member
Just for info the model number and batch number and serial numbers are under the battery!
its a 1003 and date d5 whatever that means?
Can't think for the life of me why i did'nt look there in the first place Durr
Thanks for all your help anyway! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom