Which PS2 pad?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by M0T, Sep 16, 2004.

1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have been playing final fantasy quite a bit and noticed after the marathon gaming sessions I ended up with sore wrists. Obviously this is a massive concern so I am looking to change the official pad for something better.

So with this in mind what is the best PS2 pad?

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would have said the official pad was the best out there.
    but then again i dont really play for long periods, maybe thats just the problem?
    maybe cutting the time you play down a little will solve it instead?

3. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It would solve the problem, but I have never had a problem with my trusty logitech wingman extreme pc pad so I really would like to get a better controller.

By marathon gaming sessions I am talking about 3 hours not 8 - 9.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    I used to think that the DualShock 2 was the best pad on any system but I have changed my mind of late.

The plastic get's very greasy during gaming sessions of any reasonable length of time (say 30 mins or more) and the pad also rubs on my middle finger which is tucked underneath the pad. This rubbing strangely only really occurs to my right hand as well and this happens on any DS2 pad that i've tried. On the plus side I feel that the buttons are very well laid out and having the two analogue sticks side by side is better than on the X-Box & GC pad.

I do now personally prefer the feel and comfort of both the Gamecube pad and the Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3 PC Pad though. The GC pad would be my fave apart from the fact that i'm not that keen on the button layout. Maybe that's just because i'm not used to the pad though.

With regards to the PS2 I still think that (from the ones i've tried) that the DS2 is still the best pad.