1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PS2 Keyboard & Optical Mouse?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Triggaaar, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I'm after PS2 instead of USB because I want to be able to use it with my KVM extender, which doesn't have USB.

I'd like the mouse to be wireless, but the keyboard doesn't have to be. I already have a Gyration wireless RF for living room, so it doesn't need to be RF. The less battery replacement the better.

It'd be nice if they're good for games as well as standard work. I'm thinking MS, Lgitech, Saitek, £20 - £30. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I think that Logitech make the best keyboard and mice at all price levels if that's any help. :)

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Hmm..I got a spare PS2 Compaq lying about I can put it up for sale in the AV classified thread if you want it, had about a month's use and still got the plastic protective film on the function keys, it's pretty compfortable and the keys haev a nice feel to it, cost me around £20 at the time, you can have it for £15 shipped..

[​IMG]

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I won't put any offer here (due to rules) but have you got a link or product ID? Which bits take batteries, do they have a recharge cradle, is the mouse optical etc?

5. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    LINK

6. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    You can get any wireless USB mouse and attatch a usb to PS2 convertor cable to it...

7. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I'd like a mouse & keyboard bundle without having to get a seperate convertor, but will keep it in mind, thanks.

8. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I'm struggling here. I've looked at quite a lot on ebuyer, scan and overclockers, and it's pretty difficult to know when you can't test them. I have no idea whether to spend £20, or £70 on a logitech MX3100 and MX1000 laser mouse.

I'm only really looking at MS and logitech, as they both have good reputations, and I can't test the product. Any positive or negative info on any models?

9. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    don't know what range you are looking for, but you might like to know that the high end Logitech models are for gaming.

This means those models as well as having a high number of dpi which means less physical movement means more screen movement, never go to sleep to conserve battery. They are always active as if you are playing a game, the time it takes them to wake up could be the difference between being fragged or fragging someone else. As an obvious consequence, such mice are rechargeable, because otherwise such products would have too short a battery life.

So horses for courses.

Cheers

Rajiv

10. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    If you want a great keyboard and an ok mouse I recommend the Logitech Dinovo Cordless Desktop for Notebooks, has an excellent keyboard and an ok mouse which works on any surface...., but you need to get a USB to PS2 adapter...

LINK

11. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    After a day reading on Toms Hardware Guide, I'm sold on the Logitechs. The LX keyboards, and either their partnering Click! mice, or the MX range of mice (more for gaming, which I won't be excelling at). The overclockers and ebuyer prices are bettered by PC World online, especially with no p+p for in store pick up, so I'm off to check now, and pick one up.