Which Projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CarlosBarlos, Sep 18, 2007.

1. CarlosBarlos

CarlosBarlos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I supply the entertainment and advertising for a local bar and I've been asked for a projector to display the in house promotional tv on the building opposite the bar. (its the rear of the other building so just a big wall really)

As with all businesses cost is important, we have about £400 tops and i'm looking for your advice on a suitible projector to do the job. I'd rather buy a second hand unit tbh, so i can get a better unit for the same price, idealy something very bright but not too fussed on quality, although it does need to display a rather large picture.

So...

£400 or thereabouts
    Very Bright
    Large Picture say 4-5 meters
    Distance 10 meters

thats about it

Thanks in advance

Col

2. CarlosBarlos

CarlosBarlos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no thoughts guys?

3. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,026
    I would think that you'd need a 2000 lumen PJ for this kind of use. The quality isn't paramount, especially if you're projecting onto a wall(!), maybe a Data projector would work better for your application? They are designed to be used in ambient light, but usually aren't widescreen. See the link from Ebuyer as a £300 example (at least you have a good chance of the bulb lasting if you buy new, secondhand may end up costing more long term). This one is 2000 lumens and 4:3 screen. It is only 800 x 600 resolution, but this probably doesn't matter for your app. It only has VGA, composite and S video input from what I can see, but most DVD players have S video sockets (the better option than composite) and if you're using a PC to run it then VGA would be fine obviously.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105259