1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ken, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Due to the considerable cost of a replacement lamp for my; at present useless Davis Cinema 1; I am seriously thinking of replacing the projector entirely, but would appreciate a little advise.
    Projectors that I am considering are all DLP; Sharpe Z91, Z9000, NEC HT 1000.
    Losing my projector at this time of year is very painful and I am starting to show signs of withdrawal.

Ken

2. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    out of those id take the NEC

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    How much are lamps for the Cinema1? I had heard that the DL450 and DLS8 lamps were interchangeable, so maybe one of those would be suitable?

If not, I'll second the HT1000 as your next choice - I upgraded to one from a DLS8. :)

Gary.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sharp Z9000 without question.

:smoke:

5. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The DSL8 uses the same lamp as the Cinema 1- 150w, but the DL450 is 120w. The cheapest I've found is £425, but I think now is also a good time to upgrade as the value of the cinema 1 is little more than the lamp value.
    I was starting to lean towards the NEC HT1000, but wasn't sure about the lack of a 16:9 panel and the almost 1 million pixel resolution that the Z9000 has. What were your main reasons for suggesting the Z9000, Kramer.

Ken