1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which projector to buy

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by squib, May 24, 2004.

1. squib

squib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to purchase my first home cinema projector, primarily for watching DVD's and some TV (Euro 2004!). Idealy I am looking to spend about £1000. So far I have had suggestions and advice for three machines; the Hitachi illumina PJ-TX10, the Optima H30 and the Infocus (screenplay) 4800.
    I would be grateful for any advice and recommendations. It seems that perhaps a DLP projector might be the way to go although the reviews of the Hitachi have been universaly good.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    hitachi have released a TX100 as an older brother to the TX10 which has high contrast and is WXGA resolution. A guy that saw one in Japan rated it above the Z2, Panny AE500 and the Epson TW200 in a shootout!!! There's a couple of threads about it somewhere

4. spondle

spondle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Liam when are you guys getting your stock of the tx100? interested to hear your views when it arrives.

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hitachi are due them on Friday of this week, I think pretty much all that first batch will be shipped direct to customers next week. I was just saying to someone else that i'm hoping to get to see one at CEDIA cos I may not get a chance otherwise...

Have you seen the review on AVSforum (I think also on "other" forum too). There's links in the main TX100 thread anyway

6. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I picked up the infocus x1 for 588 pounds which is a fantastic price for a great projector, there is not one person that has seen it working in my house that has not been blown away with the picture .

7. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi BigGEORDIE, Welcome to the Forums............

Great to hear of someone so happy with their projector, the X1 has had an immense following in the US for quite some time. Posting exactly the same sentance in three threads is a little unusual, most people reading the first page of the forum would read your opinion if it was just posted once...... but Hey, if you're that happy with the projector....... :hiya:

Sean G.