Which projector (Lens Shift & Zoom)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by J2theIZZO, Aug 29, 2013.

1. J2theIZZO

J2theIZZO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided I want a projector, i'm not even sure which room i'm planning to use it in yet.

I have a Samsung UE55B7000 in our living room which is fine for what it is but i'm not sure if the shape of our living room is suited to a projector.

With the above in mind i'm thinking I either need a short throw projector or possibly one with an optical zoom and lens shift for ease of installation.

With my limited knowledge of projectors i've managed to convince myself that an Epson EH-TW3200 would be up to the job.

Then I started looking at the BenQ W7000 and thought that may be better suited.

Could anyone give me the pros/cons and or other models to research?

My main needs are:

Ease of installation (Lens shift / zoom)
    1080p
    3d would be nice but not essential

Price wise i'm not sure really, around the £1k mark would be nice but happy to spend more if there are additional benefits in doing so. I don't mind looking at used projectors either.

2. Mil

Mil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    It's not that you're being ignored, but the problem is that "Which Projector?" gets asked virtually every day!

Unlike a Plasma/LCD TV, room dimensions and décor are vital factors in the choice, but the OP openly admits he doesn't know which room the proposed PJ will be installed in.

So, more information, please, for best advice. :lesson:

4. J2theIZZO

J2theIZZO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well if it helps my living room is 6 meters x 4 meters...I could rearrange it so the pj projects length way or width...it's currently setup so you watch tv via the width of the room (4meters)

5. DrGekko

DrGekko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    From projectors I've owned previously, Panasonic are very well priced. Something like the PA-AE4000 can be found for your budget which has left shift and memory zoom:

Panasonic PT-AE4000E HD LCD projector | eBay

For around £600, you could find an Infocus IN83 (lens shift & zoom but no memory saves):

InFocus IN83 DLP Projector 797212720108 | eBay

And I'm sure if you search and wait, you can pick up a used JVC HD750 within your budget (but lamp hours may be higher than desired) - again, lens shift & zoom but no memory function.

For around £1300 - £1500, I'm sure you can find a used and low bulb hours JVC X30 or X35, probably on these classifieds:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-p...jvc-x30-black-3d-emitter-2-pairs-glasses.html

Good luck!