Which projector is right for me?

kempstar

Hello

I am looking to buy a projector and a screen, but dont really know where to start!

Budget is approximately £2k, but can go slightly higher if necessary. The projector will be going in the lounge, the majority time will be evening viewing, but there will be some day time viewing. We will be watching football on sky sports and BT sports, as well as films either from a server or netflix.

I have attached a floorplan of our house, the screen would be going in the bottom right corner of the reception room, the black part is a chimney breast, and the gap in the alcove is 2.032m wide. Our sofa is against the wall on the left hand side of the picture. We have a TV there currently, on top of a fitted unit.

Can anyone suggest a projector that meets the above needs?
Can anyone suggest a screen? If we can get a screen where the speakers can go behind it then great, then we can have a slightly bigger screen. Ideally want a motorised screen.
Where would the best place for the projector to go? Ideally somewhere up high, away from childrens fingers :)
Is my budget sufficient to get a 4K/UHD projector, and is it even worth getting this yet? If it was worth it for the netflix content and BT sports, then I would consider spending slightly more.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

House floorplan.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom