• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which projecctor to go for?

koolfox007

Standard Member
hi everybody! i would like some advices about projectors because i wanna buy one but i have no idea which one to go for.Are these ones ok?:
-Optoma hd 700x
-Optoma hd65
-Optoma pro200x
-Epson tw-420
Or any suggestion will be welcomed.My budget is 500 but i can go up to 600 pounds. thank u.

Mr Regan

Established Member
hi everybody! i would like some advices about projectors because i wanna buy one but i have no idea which one to go for.Are these ones ok?:
-Optoma hd 700x
-Optoma hd65
-Optoma pro200x
-Epson tw-420
Or any suggestion will be welcomed.My budget is 500 but i can go up to 600 pounds. thank u.

Newby to the pj scene mate but the infocus x9 gets the thumbs up from me:smashin:

had mine a short while but its very bright colours and blacks are very good for the money.
Not tested the rest but after very extensive research the infocus x9 comes up on top ;)
take your time with picking the right projector for your needs,
I did and it payed off

steve

koolfox007

Standard Member
thank u very much for your reply. Any other suggestions?

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I couldnt compare or speak for the others but I am very happy with my hd65, couldnt really ask for more, make sure that the pj you choose fits in the viewing area for the setup you want, and you budget for a screen as well as any speakers, amp and anything else you might need etc.

You need to find out if you are susceptible to the rainbow effect before you get a dlp projector, google it or search on here if you dont know what it is.

Ewan154

Established Member
I would highly recommend Optoma hd 700x projector.

LCR_Dave

Established Member
im interested to in the above projectors so i thought i would ask in here to rather than start another what projector thread,

my options are the same as above but my only concern is im used to playing games on the 360 on my 50" 1080p plasma the screen will come down in front of the tv but obviously the projectors above are only 720p will i be disappointed having been used to 1080p? same with the pc, i have that connected to the plasma at 1080p and would like it connected to a projector for blu-ray playback but worried it wont look the same as im used to! dilemma!

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom