1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which Pro Logic II amp to buy?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tukky142, Dec 21, 2001.

1. tukky142

tukky142
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own a Yamaha amp which does not decode Dolby digital. I want to upgrade to DD but i also need PLII.
    I originally took a fancy to the denon range and especially avr2802 as it did everything i needed for the money.
    But after read many views on Denon amps not having enough base from PLII should i still go ahead and buy one??

Should i consider the marantz, kenwood or onkio for a budget of £450

Any views would be greatfully appreciated

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tukky,
    Welcome to the forum. If you can stretch your spend a little more, the Denon 3802 is a superb buy. Otherwise, the Marantz equivalent which I have not heard, also seems to be a good buy from the reception its received on the markets.
    By the way, I have not read a single review of the 2802, can you tell me whose review mentioned poor bass on DPL 11.
    As I am a fan of Denon and often install their equipement, I would also like to read it. Thanks in advance.

Failing that, my advice is simple really. Try to arrange demo's of what you have narrowed it down to so far.
    Your ears are king.
    Best Wishes

Eric

3. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The Yamaha RX-V1200 is now out and has all the new 6.1 formats DTS-ES etc Pluls Dolby PLII. I believe the price will be around £600.00. I know it is well rated in the States but I have yet to get my hands on one.

I had a 2802 and was very disappointed with PLII regarding the LF, I feel that the 3802 will be the same.