Question which printer?

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Hey all

I'm looking for some help with a new printer. I currently have an Epson x7550 that I have had for about 8-10yrs. It has been a good and most useful beast but it is showing its signs of aging in a few ways and I think it is time for a new/upgraded one.

I am looking for a few things:
- Colour printing
- Wireless
- Air Print (desired but not a deal breaker)
- Scanner

Also I am not sure what the feature is called specifically or even if it is available on fairly small/home printers. Do home printers allow for you to scan a 10 page document (for example) then store that on sd card or on a network share on your local PC. My Epson can only do single page scans which is okay for some things but not everything.

I have been looking about but not really seeing anything that can do everything I want.

MarkE19

What is your budget for the printer? An all-in-one can be had for well under £100 but if you want a document feeder (for the 10 page scan) then the prices do go up, but still available from under £100.
Ten... ADF-based inkjet all-in-one printers

Mark.

alan1572

I have just bought the Epson L555, a bit expensive but it's a copier/scanner/printer/fax machine and it has ink tanks so no more cartridges EVER, a very good machine

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Thanks Guys, I like the sound of the Epson L555 but it maybe a bit big for the space I want it to consume - do you know the dimensions of the printer? I have seen them on amazon but never sure how accurate these are as things I have bought in the past seem to differ from what they say - sometimes for the better, sometimes not so good.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

thfccambs

Banned
I have just bought the Epson L555, a bit expensive but it's a copier/scanner/printer/fax machine and it has ink tanks so no more cartridges EVER, a very good machine

EcoTank L555 - Epson

Looks ideal for what i need.

Are you happy with it? Any issues at all? Reviews I've seen are very mixed.

Can I ask where you brought your?

Last edited:

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
Think I'll hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.

I'm thinking of getting a printer as I've found that I need one.
It'll mostly be for printing my CV and tickets when needed.

Must be Mac compatible as I have a MacBook Pro.
Would be handy if it worked with iOS devices too, but no issue if it doesn't.
Something simple to set up, basically plug and play, as I don't have any kind of desk, so it'll be put away when not in use.

MarkE19

If black & white only required then I would suggest a small laser printer.
Toner cartridges do not dry out if the printer isn't used regularly and wont spill ink when moving the printer. Toner is also often cheaper to buy than ink.

I've got a Canon LBP6230dw but there are smaller printers available. It cost me around £80 earlier this year and 3rd party toner is about £13.00 for around 3,000 pages.
I can use it to print wirelessly from my MacBook Air, but I have no iOS devices so not sure about them.

Mark.

Kailash

can i jump in too!?
i had a canon pixma mg6650. was everything i wanted but it just did not want to feed the paper. canon 'fixed' it, but same problem arose , so it went back.
looking a new one now. £100 or under.
any other brands worth considering apart from canon and epson?
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom