• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Pre or Processor for Rotel RMB 1575 ?

sakgoz79

Established Member
Hi guys, i have a Rotel rmb 1575 Power amp and i need your advice to choose pre or processor so my budget limit is between 2000-2500 € and 3d technolgy is important for me, actually i thought a rsp 1572 but there is some hdmi issues and problems about that also rsp 1572 do not have a digital upscale. So in this circumstances what's your prefer to me? Thanks a lot...

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Actually not need upscale, i have philips 46pfl9705 but when you pay 2.000€ people want to hdmi upscale:)
I'd have though the 1572 was the obvious match, especially as it has all the HDMI 1.4 features and fits your budget.

Actually, almost nobody has HDMI scaling, except for some recent, expensive models, and your budget is too low for such a processor.

Frankly, when I pay good money for an audio device, I expect it to do audio well, not repeat everything my other kit already does better at the cost of the audio I'm paying for. An audio device that tries to be a jack of all trades ends up only really succeeding in being the master of none. But our expectations obviously differ.;)

sakgoz79

Established Member
I'd have though the 1572 was the obvious match, especially as it has all the HDMI 1.4 features and fits your budget.

Actually, almost nobody has HDMI scaling, except for some recent, expensive models, and your budget is too low for such a processor.

Frankly, when I pay good money for an audio device, I expect it to do audio well, not repeat everything my other kit already does better at the cost of the audio I'm paying for. An audio device that tries to be a jack of all trades ends up only really succeeding in being the master of none. But our expectations obviously differ.;)

You r right but when i read rotel rsp 1572 review there is a some issue by users.Actually rotels rsp 1572 and rmb 1575 seem perfect macthing in the planning stage. If i know real perfect matching I'll definetly buy rsp 1572

MarkLG

Established Member
I've got the older RSP-1570 processor and while I've had a couple of minor problems with it I haven't found anything I'd want to swap it for.
The RSP-1572 adds some useful features to the same basic design of the 1570 - mainly additional HDMI inputs, a second output and HDMI 1.4 with audio return.
If you're not too bothered about these then save yourself some money and get a deal on a 1570.
If you want an all-singing, all-dancing processor with all the video processing and automatic room correction features then you might be better with something like a Marantz.
If you're just interested in getting something that sounds good then go for the Rotel. You also get a 5 year warranty on new Rotel kit, which should give you some additional piece of mind.
If you listen to a lot of music the Rotel has an excellent analogue bypass mode, which one of my main reasons for choosing it.;)

sakgoz79

Established Member
@MarkLG
Firstly thanks for reply, so my previous avr is marantz sr 7005 and I was so glad marantz performance music and movies. I hope rotel pre-power will be more powerfull and satisfactory. By the way; rotel rsp 1570 have a hdmi 1.4a? i guess not but I'm not sure about that

MarkLG

Established Member
The RSP-1570 is HDMI 1.3, but it will pass through 3D with the latest firmware. The only thing you lose is audio return from your TV, which saves running an extra audio cable back from the TV to the processor.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I have yet to read any processor reviews where there aren't a series of complaints from some owners. The RSP-1572 is par for the course in this respect. Some people have problems, not all even Rotel's fault, many others are happy. The teething troubles that afflict any complex product at launch have been resolved.

Last edited:

sakgoz79

Established Member
İn fact I'm definetly think about like you about rsp 1572. Technically rmb 1575 and rsp 1572 would be perfect matching. I do not care digital upscale anymore. My screen has a enough quality and my sources also does not need to upscale said as @Dav1dF. I decide to buy rsp 1572, i hope would not be repent

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom