1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Portable Minidisc

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by celticprince, Nov 18, 2002.

1. celticprince

celticprince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All. I would like to buy a portable MD for my girlfriend. She wants it purely to record interviews as part of a course she is doing. Therefore, all the up to date 'bells and whistles' are not really required, apart from the ability to use a decent stereo microphone, a good clear recording, and the ability to keep 'hard copies'. Looking through the net I have found a couple of discontinued models, at a decent price. These are: Sony MZR 700 & Sharp MDMT 877. Both are for sale at just under £50 each. They are brand new, boxed, UK spec. Based upon her requirements, which one would you choose, or maybe suggest another? At the moment, the Sony is favourite, but the Sharp does look good. Also, best place to look for a microphone. Thanks in advance for the help. Cheers, Chris.

2. michaelab

michaelab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    For portable minidisc I wouldn't buy anything other than Sony. They are amongst the best at portable audio anyway and MD is a format they invented.

Michael.