1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Portable DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dandle, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Dandle

Dandle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everyone
    I wonder if any of you guys can help me, I'm looking into getting a portable multiregion dvd player that i can hook up to my marantz 5200 amp. I don't want to spend a fortune on it really about £400 is my limit. It would be cool if it also played mp3's as well.
    The two players that i have found are the Pioneer PDV-20 and the Panasonic pv-40. I ve been on the techtronics website but they dont mention if the pioneer they sell is multiregion or not although i have seen it modified at some other sites.

Any recomendations on players or shops to buy them from would be greatly appreciated.

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there, I've just bought a dvd recorder from www.multiregionmagic.co.uk on the recommendation of this forum and others. I have to say their service so far has been excellent! I have yet to read a negative comment-something which certainly can't be said about techtronics. I noticed that multiregionmagic had a decent selection of multiregion portables when I was last on their site and they seemed pretty cheap. The Pv40 you mentioned was £269 multiregion plus a tenner for next day delivery.
    Anyway, I whole heartedly reccomend them!

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Richersounds sell them as well.. I think the one I liked was the panasonic one.. less hassle to buy from them then techtronics for example.

Matt