1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which player to go with Hitachi 7200 Hi-Def Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by holyeagle, Sep 19, 2005.

1. holyeagle

holyeagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my virgin post, so please be kind enough to give me some advices, any participants are highly appreciated and welcome!

My Hitachi 7200TC Plasma is due for arrive this weekend, due to it has HDMI input so that I am thinking to buy a new upscal dvd player using HDMI. I had my current Pioneer DV656 for almost 2 and half years now, and despite it is not a progressive scan player, but on Component connection, it has created fablous PQ all along, so my first idea of replacement is Pioneer 868i, do you guys think the 868 would work well with Hitach screen via HDMI, will I see great improvements over my Pioneer 656 via Component? But the cheapest 868 I can find at the moment still cost about £599! Should I spend such amount of money on a 'past' flagship?

My alternative route is save quite a bit, buy a budget HDMI players from either Panasonic (S97) or Sumsang (850), and wait for the true HD players or Blue-Ray? Have you heard any issues about the S97 and Sumsang 850 with Hitachi screen before?

Thanks indeed!

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The samsung upscaling players are pretty decent from what I saw in my local Curry's well worth investigating as I think they're just over £100. And if you're gonna wait for the HD and BR players you're going to be waiting a fair bit of time, I should imagine they'd cost an arm and a leg too, I cant see much content being available at launch either.

My verdict would be go for the samsung one

http://www.shopatdigital.co.uk/acatalog/DVDHD950.html

3. neilios

neilios
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,512
    I bought the samsung 850 dvd player to use with my hitachi 7200 screen and had no problems at all very pleased .
    But ive now swapped it for a pc i built a couple of weeks back ,im now even more pleased the picture is fantastic .

4. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i am going for the Denon 1920 when it is released. Its due in two weeks from now here in the Netherlands. What are your comments on this (upscaling) dvd player?

Jeffrey