Which player to go for Hitachi 7200 Hi-Def Plasma?

H

holyeagle

This is my virgin post, so please be kind enough to give me some advices, any participants are highly appreciated and welcome!

My Hitachi 7200TC Plasma is due for arrive this weekend, due to it has HDMI input so that I am thinking to buy a new upscal dvd player using HDMI. I had my current Pioneer DV656 for almost 2 and half years now, and despite it is not a progressive scan player, but on Component connection, it has created fablous PQ all along, so my first idea of replacement is Pioneer 868i, do you guys think the 868 would work well with Hitach screen via HDMI, will I see great improvements over my Pioneer 656 via Component? But the cheapest 868 I can find at the moment still cost about £599! Should I spend such amount of money on a 'past' flagship?

My alternative route is save quite a bit, buy a budget HDMI players from either Panasonic (S97) or Sumsang (850), and wait for the true HD players or Blue-Ray? Have you heard any issues about the S97 and Sumsang 850 with Hitachi screen before?

Thanks indeed!

I'd stick with your Pioneer.

The 7200 is a nice & fairly expensive plasma (I'm not an expert mind!) so why bypass its scaler for one from a cheap DVD player?

All this upscaling / HD stuff is primarily hype. If you want to give it a go, the Panasonic S97 does seem to be well liked, and I can testify that the Oppo is a good player. But don't assume it will be better then your Pioneer...PJ :)

holyeagle said:
Is it worth to buy 868 now? Any thoughts?

Only if you want to spend lots of money. Have patience and try your existing player, then decide...PJ :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom