1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which player should I get now?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stephenbelcher, Jan 18, 2004.

1. stephenbelcher

stephenbelcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Pioneer 565a this weekend but the RGB horizontal banding is awful so its going back Monday, question is what player should I try next? Are there any other players out there which do dvd audio and sacd for around £200. Is it worth getting a player which plays dvd audio as there are hardly any disks available? It needs to work with a Panasonic TV.

Cheers

Stephen

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Are you sure your player does not have a fault, as I have heard that its pictures are excellent? I am not sure that you can buy another player at the same price which will handle all the formats the 565A can. I know what you are saying about DVD-A but at least having the ability to play them future-proofs you against DVD-A or SACD winning the format battle

I would advise you to have the machine checked out before doing anything too rash.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    someone made a very good point in another thread about DVD Audio, which was basically that
    because wether an artist releases on dvd-a or sacd depends on the record label, isolating one or the other would mean missing out on alot of albums eventually.
    You have a faulty DV565 or there is a setting wrong cause the picture from that player is fantastic!