which player for vista??

gunner84

Distinguished Member
hi

would like to get a new mp3 player but the player and software needs to work with vista on my laptop?

any way ive been looking at the following:

ipod nano,zune,sony series

it needs to have great sound and fairly small , i do like the ipod as i buy my music of itunes but thats on xp. would itunes work on vista???

not sure about the zune or sonys?

anyhelp

cheers

Tunney

iTunes has a few issues with Vista, but nothing major.

If you've already purchased music on iTunes you'll find that it will only play in iTunes or on an iPod. It will not play on a Zune or Sony mp3 player.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
There are bugs with all players i can think of, apart from those that just use an explorer type drag and drop system- iriver, cowon etc, there are others. The ipod issues can vary from great to small- draw of the luck really, sony and zune just dont work as far as i know. But i imagine all of these issues will get ironed out re;atively quickly, so i wouldnt buy a player right now as it works with vista instead wait a little while till other players are fixed to work so you can get one that you want instead of having one because of no alternative, that said there are some very good drag and drop players, i dont really know many of them but there are a lot. :thumbsup: .

[email protected]

I have no issues with Sonic Stage 4.3 on my PC running Vista.

I can highly recommend the brand new A800-series by Sony. Sound quality is supurb!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom