Which Player for Pio 500A without Sound System.

spearce8

Hi,

My first post so apolgies if already covered.

I'm in need of a Blu ray player to accompany the Pioneer 500a, been looking seriously at the LX71, LX08, and the 51FD (LX91 to expensive for me,) thing is I won't have a sound sytem, should that make a difference with choosing one of the above? PQ is paramount for me above all else.

Having already spent 2K+ I don't see the point in skimping now, so are the Players I've mentioned the only real options (only ever only had Pioneer DVD Player's in the past, 717, 757 so prefer Pioneer) the thing that concerns me is this Profile 1.1 ? that seems to be mentioned alot, what is that? also, would like Multi-region for both SD DVD and Blu, I've read on here about the harmony remote hack, I take it that's just for DVD, and Blu would require a Mod hack, can that be done on any Blu ray machine, and can you buy tham already modified.

All in all would it be best to wait, are there new Pioneer Players on the horizon that would suit my needs better: no sound system, multiregion for all.

Many Thanks

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi,

My first post so apolgies if already covered.

I'm in need of a Blu ray player to accompany the Pioneer 500a, been looking seriously at the LX71, LX08, and the 51FD (LX91 to expensive for me,) thing is I won't have a sound sytem, should that make a difference with choosing one of the above? PQ is paramount for me above all else.

Having already spent 2K+ I don't see the point in skimping now, so are the Players I've mentioned the only real options (only ever only had Pioneer DVD Player's in the past, 717, 757 so prefer Pioneer) the thing that concerns me is this Profile 1.1 ? that seems to be mentioned alot, what is that? also, would like Multi-region for both SD DVD and Blu, I've read on here about the harmony remote hack, I take it that's just for DVD, and Blu would require a Mod hack, can that be done on any Blu ray machine, and can you buy tham already modified.

All in all would it be best to wait, are there new Pioneer Players on the horizon that would suit my needs better: no sound system, multiregion for all.

Many Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :smashin:
Some details here on the profile 2.0 etc :) not exactly mind blowing at the moment but i guess things can only improve though.
Hack will be DVD only yes,players can be modded for BD region free but at a cost of course,details here.
All the best.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom