J

jongeeone

whats the best plasma available for about 4k
what sort of life span have these screens have
any help gladly received
:confused:

ebury

Novice Member
jongeeone your best bet would be the panasonic 5 series 42" or the 43"pionner.prices range from dealer to dealer but your looking at £3300 for panny and £4200 for the pioneer.i have the series 4 clone toshiba and other than a bit of screen noise!,its wicked.most plasmas now should last as long as a normal tv(about 7 years)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
ebury

Good shout on the two best options - though I dont think I'd be selling too many Pioneer PDP-433MXE displays if I was charging your indicated price (a touch high I feel).

The life expectancy of these displays is 25,000 hours to half brightness - you'll want something new long before they stop showing a half decent image.

And remember to factor in accessories such as wall mount, pedestal stand, cables and a Digibox interface; allow anything from £100 up to £350 for all the bits to go with a display.

Best regards

Joe

ebury

Novice Member
the price for 43"pioneer was with tuner ,etc.about£3650-3799 for moniter only.sorry about that!:mad:

J

jongeeone

thank for that
do i need a tuner box or can i run it through sky

Dutch

Hi jongeeone,

There's no problem using a Sky digibox RGB output as long as you connect it through a converter box like the one made by JS Technology, and then to your plasma's VGA input. A cheaper alternative would be to use a "synchblaster" Scart cable as sold by Keene and others. Tuner boxes are made by Panasonic and Pioneer for their plasmas, but I think that they only have analogue tuners. Hope this helps.

Steve

C

christoph

Fujitsu are introducing their new range this month which are fantastic and are going to be more consumer friendly, i.e: phono imputs rather than BNC

lumpsucker

Whats the model number of the new fujitsu's ?

C

christoph

The Fujitsu's are going to be available in the next couple of weeks and their consumer units towards the end of December. They have a new chipset which is improved from the last units which will reduce motion artifacts. I will be able to give you the new product codes on Monday.