which plasma

J

jongeeone

whats the best plasma available for about 4k
what sort of life span have these screens have
any help gladly received
:confused:

jongeeone your best bet would be the panasonic 5 series 42" or the 43"pionner.prices range from dealer to dealer but your looking at £3300 for panny and £4200 for the pioneer.i have the series 4 clone toshiba and other than a bit of screen noise!,its wicked.most plasmas now should last as long as a normal tv(about 7 years)

ebury

Good shout on the two best options - though I dont think I'd be selling too many Pioneer PDP-433MXE displays if I was charging your indicated price (a touch high I feel).

The life expectancy of these displays is 25,000 hours to half brightness - you'll want something new long before they stop showing a half decent image.

And remember to factor in accessories such as wall mount, pedestal stand, cables and a Digibox interface; allow anything from £100 up to £350 for all the bits to go with a display.

Best regards

Joe

the price for 43"pioneer was with tuner ,etc.about£3650-3799 for moniter only.sorry about that!:mad:

Hi jongeeone,

There's no problem using a Sky digibox RGB output as long as you connect it through a converter box like the one made by JS Technology, and then to your plasma's VGA input. A cheaper alternative would be to use a "synchblaster" Scart cable as sold by Keene and others. Tuner boxes are made by Panasonic and Pioneer for their plasmas, but I think that they only have analogue tuners. Hope this helps.

Steve

Fujitsu are introducing their new range this month which are fantastic and are going to be more consumer friendly, i.e: phono imputs rather than BNC

Whats the model number of the new fujitsu's ?

The Fujitsu's are going to be available in the next couple of weeks and their consumer units towards the end of December. They have a new chipset which is improved from the last units which will reduce motion artifacts. I will be able to give you the new product codes on Monday.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom