Which plasma to get? PS3 and < $1000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by cajoh0, Jun 10, 2009.

1. cajoh0

cajoh0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I've been browsing the forums for about two weeks now trying to catch myself up on HDTV info and I have some questions to ask before I purchase one.

As it stands I'm interested in plasma over lcd for the depth and truer blacks and also the price tag. I prefer a darker room whenever possible (migraines) so the whole worse in the light issue does not matter much to me. Movies, then games, and then television are what matter to me.

I am pretty sure I have made my mind up to go with 1080p over 720p. I'm going to be mainly using my ps3 and would prefer to play games at a higher resolution but I believe blurays are 1080p also which seems like a good benefit. The less money I spend on this tv though the sooner I can invest in a good sound system which is my next priority. If anyone can make a good case for getting a 720p over a 1080p I would like to hear it.

Panasonic seems like the way to go in terms of plasmas at the moment from the reviews I have read. What I am mostly interested in and why I made this post is the differences between the many different series currently offered by panasonic. If anyone has some advice on which series to go for it would be greatly appreciated.

2. ozzzy189

ozzzy189

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    AVForums home cinema equipment reviews
    some reviews of the panny plasmas here mate. check out the 720p panny for under 600 quid ! Most ps3 games do not run at 720p, some are even lower than that. bluray, yes a 1080p panel would be better, but a lot depends on how far you're sitting away from the screen. I went from a 720 to a 1080p plasma, and the increase in resoultion is hardly a massive step, and to be fair, nowhere near as important as sales folks would have you believe. of course, 1:1 pixel mapping and therefore no scaling, can be done with a 1080p panel, so there's another plus for the full hd screen. up to you.

3. mikimausis

mikimausis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    for me(and i guess for most movie fans) its
    size>blacks>...>pixel count

for gaming i would get LCD because of 'no phisical refresh' and for 'no color dithering' and 'no buzzing'