1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Plasma to buy??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by General Panic, Jan 23, 2003.

1. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi guys,
    My story goes thus...
    I have bought an LG MZ42PZ14 from Comet for £2999. Price includes LG Desktop stand,speakers and tuner box. Was quoted this Sunday 26th for delivery and now appears at least another 10 days away , so i have the option to cancel my contract. ( it also comes with 2 years intrest free credit , useful but not essential)
    If have since read on this excellent Plasma forum i should try to get the LG MZ42P17 if possible for a higher contrast but Comet don't do this set. Richer Sounds do the "17" at £2500 but no speakers,tuner or stand ( i do need the stand as wall mountings not pratical in my room).
    Richer Sounds also do for £2000 the Samsung PS42P2S , again for the bare bones screen plus approx £400 for speakers,etc.

Should i stick with my LG14 from Comet or seriously look at moveing to the Samsung and saving some cash.
    Any help from users will be most appreciatley received. :(

2. Stimpy

Stimpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out sevenoaks, they may will be able to do you a better deal.
    I have just taken the plunge and have ordered a pz14 with a prov tuner at £150 and the screen at £2500. They may be able to just source the stand seperatly thus making the whole deal cheaper.