1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which plasma has the best picture?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AV Geeza, Jan 18, 2003.

1. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was recently in Selfridges in London, looking at various plasma screens and for a laugh I thought I would take a look at B&O Beo Vision 5 screen.

Well, I choose my words very carefully and all I can say is Jaw Dropping!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    The picture was simply fantastic!!
    It was showing AOTC at the time, which I know has an excellent picture anyway, but I really couldnt fault the contrast, the depth or vibrancy of colours and black looked black!!!
    The image was very sharp and (I know this phrase is used often but "life like" does spring to mind!

I know some of you will say "Yeah but it costs 12 grand!!" :eek:
    Thats true, but with the design and picture quality you can at least see where your money is going.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think its worth £12000, but AFAIC no plasma is worth the money.

All this has kinda confirmed in my mind, the fact that its too early to invest in a plasma as the best is yet come, and I don't think its too far off!!!!
    :D

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think i read somewhere that the b&o is based on the panny screen but uses a very good and expensive tuner/ scaler/processer box to get the great pictures this is a box that is usally hiden away

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic or Toshiba range without a doubt, especially the 50".

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The B&O screen is indeed a panny 5. No reason the original cannot produce the same results with an external box, but B&O will sue if you stck the badge on....