Which PJ to buy?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adidas_jay, Oct 23, 2004.

1. adidas_jay

adidas_jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am new to all of this, I have a budget of £1200 max.

I have seen a Panasonic PTAE500 in action and was impressed, so I was looking at getting either a PTAE700 or Sanyo Z3 or one of their predecessors (PTAE500 or Z2).

After reading the posts in this forum, I am now worried about VB and dust. Now I am not sure if I want to spend so much on a unit that might get full of dust (can this be removed?), now I am thinking maybe an Epson TW10H would be a good deal as it is almost half price and has a 3yr warranty.

I mailny want to play PS2 games (PES4 and GT4) on it and watch footie and some movies. I know the Epson isn't HDMI compatable, but surely I will probably buy a new PJ before it is standard in the UK.

Could someone please advise me on what would be the best buy?

2. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I'm not an expert on these things-but I would go for either the Panasonic PTAE500 or the Epson EMP-TW10H :)

3. adidas_jay

adidas_jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think I will go for the Epson, as it will be my first PJ. It sounds a real bargin for the price.

Lots of the people that have the Epson EMP-TW10, have been raving about it on the forum.