1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which pj for Rotel DVD player

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by r-06264, Feb 17, 2005.

1. r-06264

r-06264

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all

I'm in the final stages of deciding which pj to go for. The pj will be coupled with a Rotel RDV-1080 player (I believe it cannot output PAL progressive) and will be mainly used for dvd's and the OCCASIONAL tv broadcast. I'm not interested in HDTV. I can't decide which one will be the best bang for the buck for my setup and needs so I'm hoping someone can help me. My final shortlist is as follows (in no order):

H30A (have not demo-ed yet)
    4805 (have demo-ed and thought it was fantastic)
    H57 (not demo-ed)

Thanks

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    As the dvd player is not progressive when you demo make sure that the projector is using its own onboard scaler as opposed to the dvd player, this will also help you to guage the quality, or lack of, of the onboard scaler.

I have only seen the 4805 and i too was also impressed by this. I think that the H57 though is a higher resolution than the 4805 and 30a and more suited to PAL material, i dont know how much more in cost it is though to the other two, hth inza.