1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Pioneer?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Car man sleeps, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Car man sleeps

Car man sleeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to buy a 42" Plasma next week, and I've (almost) decided on getting one of the Pioneers. Although I'm sure someone will now convince me to buy a Panasonic, or a Hitachi, or perhaps a Daewoo(?)

But, the problem is, I'm getting pretty confused with all the FDEs and HDEs and XDEs. Can anyone tell me which is best?? Most of my viewing will be Freeview and DVD.

It's definitely not a case of 'money no object' but I'd rather spend £3k on a great plasma screen than £2k on an average (or crap) one. Seeing as I'm hoping it will last for many many years.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Car Man

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    HDE is a European model, in the UK you have the FDE and XDE. The FDE is severely stripped down version of the XDE (less connections, crappy remote, different media box) whereas the XDE is essentially all the goodness of last years 434/504HDE with the addition of a Freeview tuner.

I'll put it another way, we don't even bother advertising the FDE!

3. Car man sleeps

Car man sleeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Liam, that's pretty clear-cut, I got confused b/c I saw some sites advertising the HDE...

The best price I've found is £2740 incl. delivery (a company called RGB Direct). Has anyone seen it cheaper / better value anywhere? Anyone know about RGB Direct?

Thx. again
    Car man

4. abs_pio

abs_pio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got my 435xde + wall bracket + black full length speakers + delivery for 2960 from atlantic electrics. they are in london on the north circular road (staples corner) or at 18 tottenham court road (known as Arena electrics). don't worry they are not dodgy, they are actually a pioneer works dealer and are listed on the pioneer website so you get 2 years warrenty. talk to a guy called rinesh if possible, he's the man that can give you a deal.