Which Pioneer 500a or 5090

cyclone82

Hi Guys

would appreciate any advice as title i am undecided as to which screen to get. I have managed to find these screens in stock and not sure which is better(pq) etc

the 500a is £2795 and the 5090 is £2199

thanks

cyclone

cyclone82

managed to find a krp500a off to see it tomorrow with the boss all going well should be taking it too :thumbsup:

Cant wait:clap:

Cyclone

malctAN

I am in the same boat, but with the Pioneer giving up with the plasma, i wonder if its worth waiting to seeing what the new kids on the Block bring to the market place.
While in a local store, i found the first ultra slim samsung with lots of internet content (PS50B850Y1WXXU SAMSUNG Plasma) but will it be a decent plasma, Panasonic's new plasma's are due out soon with the same features has the samsung.
My Budget is around the 2K mark, but then there are the Extras such like Cables and i decent TV stand, so its OK buying the TV, its everything else that adds up.

The pioneer that i am looking at it the pioneer pdp lx5090 but is it worth paying the extra for the 500A.
Due to limited space, i dont have the room for the 60inch or the cash either.

Good luck tomorrow.

pixelated

It's fair to say the 500A is the more complete package, that much is certain. However I have just grabbed a 5090 and I usually have a penchant for getting the best I can so not going with the 500A still makes me think twice!

However if you can live without the sexier menus, the lack of ethernet on the 5090 and the media box (which does have an extra HDMI port), then the 5090 may well be better suited. The 500A does include an enhanced optimum mode/pure, allowing for an awesome picture right out of the box, however I am certain I'll get the 5090 ISF'd anyway, negating the need for the enhanced mode.

The only thing I would genuinely miss is the extra HDMI port and the media box generally. Alas, I can live without it. It wasn't worth the extra cash and, more importantly, the extra pain in tracking a 500A down!

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
the KRP 500a has 'pure' mode, which is probably about 95/98 % off being isf calibrated. It looks great, so i kinda reckon that is a biggie there.

pixelated

I meant pure mode when I said that enhanced thing. Sorry.

Again though, if you're planning to get ISF'd, it doesn't matter so much. If you're not planning to... then that pure mode is quite cool indeed!

cyclone82

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies i thought my mind was made up by seeing the krp500a tomorrow and buying it however i am now thinking if there is not much difference then i might go for the 5090 :smashin:

so confused now......:suicide:

Cyclone

pdr be

Standard Member
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies i thought my mind was made up by seeing the krp500a tomorrow and buying it however i am now thinking if there is not much difference then i might go for the 5090 :smashin:

so confused now......:suicide:

Cyclone
There is a difference, so if within your budget go for the 500a. All you need to know about the 500A is that it actually outperforms even its own sensational LX5090 sibling - and in doing so can justifiably claim to make the best better...

Look at the video here and you understand why...
Pioneer KRP-500A 50inch Full HD 1080 Kuro Plasma Review at AVForums.com

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom