Question Which phone to get? Help me decide

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So right now I have an S7 Edge, I am a very casual phone user, have it on medium brightness, bluetooth/wifi off and generally just listen to Spotify and browse FB and Whatsapp, yet even with doing that now and again I need to re-charge around 4pm with light on off usage, so want a new phone.

As a casual user I am not too fussed about specs tbh, but am trying to decide between these two options.

I am on Sim only deal at moment with EE, 30gb for £15 a month (I get 30% friends and family discount) and am eligible for an upgrade.

My first option is upgrading to a contract with the Galaxy A70, with my discount and 30gb data comes out at £25 a month - Seems a decent phone, poor camera from what I have read but again only take pictures of my daughter, not much else, and has 128gb storage, 6gb ram, and a 4,500 battery.

My second option is buying a G7 Power outright for £130, with lower specs but the battery lasts ages, read on Techradar it's the best battery they have tested - Less storage at 64gb but enough for me and always SD card option and 4gb ram. Then just keep my current £15 a month sim only deal.

Even though only 500mah difference in battery, with the lower specs of the G7 power with it being 720p screen should help make it last longer then a 500mah difference would suggest. And I have seen it in the flesh and screen actually looks pretty decent.

I hate going with contracts generally, but the A70 is a good deal, but the G7 power fits my needs and usage too

Which one would you go for?

G7, purchase outright from economical sense- same from specification sense, as indeed bigger, brighter screens is the main drain on the battery

Last edited:
My sister has the A70 on contract from Three, she seems happy enough with hers, and she’s sent me pictures before now, they looked decent enough.......

a Xiaomi note 7 or 8 would be a great choice, good screen, both higer than 720p, big 4000mah battery giving 2day battery life on moderate use, great camera, takes micro sd card, has headphone socket, ir blaster. as it's Xiaomi u get regular updates.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom