Which phone should I buy

paulies

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy the wife a new phone about £350 which has the best camera for the price she plays games but not ones requiring a lot of grunt

I have seen some phones which are

Pixel 4a
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G
OnePlus NORD (5G)

Would any of these be any good.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks Paul

Piscauk

Easy. Pixel, and it's not close. At under £500 there's nothing close for camera quality.

Nord marginally better of she wants to max out settings in COD Mobile :)

paulies

Standard Member
Easy. Pixel, and it's not close. At under £500 there's nothing close for camera quality.

Nord marginally better of she wants to max out settings in COD Mobile :)
Thanks for the reply 😀

Is the pixel the best all rounder ? Or is the Nord more powerful just not best camera I don't think she's ever heard of call.of duty 😂😂

Paul

Piscauk

What device is she coming from?

Screensize / handset weight also significant. The 4a is about the smallest Android available, although I'd say 5.8" screen is big enough for anything. And very lightweight.

With camera, the Nord will have more lens, but quality isn't comparable with the pixel. As always more to quality than numbers on paper.

You'll get another 2.5 years of updates too, battery life supposedly better than the Nord, although the Xiaomi is the best for battery.

Performance wise in terms of day to day operation they'll all pleasantly surprise. No issues with them. The Nord may appear a wee bit quicker, with slightly uprated processor and 120hz screen, but I'd defy her to notice if she wasn't aware of that. The Xiaomi skin for Android is a little more invasive as such, the pixel gives the cleanest experience, although One Plus version of Android is also very slick.

Honestly they're all superb, amazing for the money. My money, it'd be the Pixel.

Last edited:

paulies

Standard Member
What device is she coming from?

Screensize / handset weight also significant. The 4a is about the smallest Android available, although I'd say 5.8" screen is big enough for anything. And very lightweight.

With camera, the Nord will have more lens, but quality isn't comparable with the pixel. As always more to quality than numbers on paper.

You'll get another 2.5 years of updates too, battery life supposedly better than the Nord, although the Xiaomi is the best for battery.

Performance wise in terms of day to day operation they'll all pleasantly surprise. No issues with them. The Nord may appear a wee bit quicker, with slightly uprated processor and 120hz screen, but I'd defy her to notice if she wasn't aware of that. The Xiaomi skin for Android is a little more invasive as such, the pixel gives the cleanest experience, although One Plus version of Android is also very slick.

Honestly they're all superb, amazing for the money. My money, it'd be the Pixel.

She is coming from a Huawei honor 9 lite

Thankyou for your advice I think I'll get the pixel I'll wait til black Friday before I buy though just in case the price comes down 😁

Thankyou

Pauk

Last edited:

leedebs

See Argos have last year's Pixel 3a for £279, would this be a good option instead of a Pixel 4a?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom