Which phone for my girlfriend?

ZootHornRollo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My girlfriend currently has a Samsung D600 with is nearing the end of its useful life. The battery is nearly knacked and last only a couple of days, less than one if she makes a couple of calls.

She also has a Samsung mp3 player which is starting to play up. It was a hand-me-up(?) from our daughter who upgraded to an ipod. The socket that you connect to charge/sync is getting a bit hit and miss.

As Xmas is coming (Sorry.... not long now!) i thought it would be a good idea to get her a new phone with a decent mp3 player build in.

It needs to be easy to use and have at least 2GB capacity - or capable of taking a 2GB card. Would be nice if it looked good too. She doesn't like 'blokes' phones. She absolutely loves her current phone - dunno if that makes it easier or not!? Must be cheap or free on a £15/£20 per month contract.

I had thought about the Nokia 5800.

Any suggestions?

One of my daughters has just got the 5800 and loves it. The music quality is ok, but if I was potentially looking to combine a music player with a phone, I would definitely go for another Sony Ericsson. I've never heard better sound quality through headphones on any phone.

That said, it really depends on whats important to your girlfriend i.e. music, camera internet etc.

I'm about to upgrade, and my priorities have changed - these days, the world is my lobster :D

And as of my posting this, there are 83 days 3 hours 43 minutes and 35 seconds until Christmas. Just to cheer you up.

Last edited:
I'm about to upgrade, and my priorities have changed - these days, the world is my lobster :D

virgin_lobster.jpg

:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

thanks,

GF doesn't really use a phone for anything else other than talking and texting.

A good camera might be a boon but almost any other feature other than a music player (inc FM radio if poss.) would be ignored!

Lol @ that Lobster - I'd forgotten about them!:D

Again with the camera, in my (albeit limited) experience, the SE's are hard to beat.

In my case, an excellent camera and music player *were* paramount, and nothing I tried quite matched the quality of SE. My husband listens to the radio all day so sticks with them. I tried Nokia, but the quality isn't as good, and now I don't want a music player or need a decent camera (I bought a dedicated one) so I'm going to look to a really good screen for the interweb.

Anyhow, upshot in your girlfriend's case is that there is a good arguement *for* Sony Ericsson. Hopefully someone else will come along with some other suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom