Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which Philips DVDR

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by david park, Jul 21, 2004.

1. david park

david park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There appears to be 3 models, 70,75 and 80, you can tell me if more.
    The 70 seems to be a sell off line at £199, believe RS were doing it at £179 but all gone.
    What about the 75 is it very similar and are prices down or to come down on that next.
    Is the 80 the current model and is it a lot different?

2. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi David,
    All current models, the 70 is the entry level, 75 has i-link which is digital in for camcorders etc and the 80 has i-link, prgramme planner and an additional recording length mode IIRC
    I have the 75 to get the I-link and have sky+ for progammes but I think the playback and recording quality are the same as far as I know for all the models just different features so if you don't need digital in or the programme planner then I'm sure the 70 is fine for you if you find one, failing that the 75 was a very similar price anyway!

I'll also add that I'm very happy with the recorder and does exactly what we want well:)

Cheers, Andrew

3. iamthenewno2

iamthenewno2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Other models are shortly to be added, the DVDR610 and the HDD model HDRW720.

4. david park

david park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to you both for the info.

Have been on www.pricerunner.co.uk since you posted to get a list of prices for the DVDR70.
    RicherSounds at £179 was not listed, rang them and they are sold out.
    Next price was £189 at Comet, followed by several others at £199. (Free dely.)

So printed the Comet web page out and set off to Comet shop they wanted £199. Please can you match your Web price, No. Asked to see manager, she also said no. You will have to buy on Internet to get that price, from us £199 in the shop.

So down the road to Currys, they were £199 same as Currys Web, Can you match Comet Web price I asked the assistant, don't see why not just a minute please. Manager appears yes we will meet that she says.
    Details of goods and myself typed into computer along with reduction of £9-95.
    Please could you go to till and tell them you name. At the till my name comes up and I pay, just as I finish paying down the aisle comes the storeman carring my DVDR70.
    Whole transaction was over in a few minutes. I was 3 or 4 times longer in Comet and came away with nothing from them except upset.

So you see Currys do sometimes get it right.

5. david park

david park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Prices dropped again today, but happy at £189 for the DVDR70.
    Argos are now on line at £179 is this in answere to Comet on line at £189.
    RicherSounds are £179 for the multi region version, was £199 yesturday.

There must be a lot of these models around and one wonders how low the price will go.
    They are piled high in Tesco.