• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which payer should I buy? I dont need progresive, SACD or DVD-A. Need excellent pics

F

fawnboy2002

Hi

Can anyone recommend a DVD player that focuses on picture quality rather than sound? I dont like the idea of paying for features I wont use (see thread title). I have only managed to shortlist a Cyrus 7 or 8 so far, so any others would be nice to be aware of.

Thanks

Gareth

Monk888

Established Member
The Pioneer 989: if pictures are everything to you then it's the kiing of the sub £1500 players IMHO. I tested the 700-1000 leaders and that was my conclusion. Also 989 is very low picture noise, makes old movies look clean and very new looking, new movies upscaled look gop smaking.

Sounds great with movies but not great with CD replay, all the money has gone into the video section which suits me

Got mine for £730 from an authorised Pioneer dealer.

Go test with some of your own DVDs:-

Pioneer 989
Denon 3910 (seen it for £690)
Acram DV79
Yamaha
Marantz

Your views may differ my mine.

Chers,

MP

F

fawnboy2002

Cheers MP. Does the fact that I will only be using component or RGB scart change your advice?

Gareth

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom