which panasonic?

vince_vega

Prominent Member
Reaction score
right guys, i am in the market for a blu ray player and have whittled it down to these two

Panasonic DMP-BD30EG-K Blu-Ray Player<br>Multiregion DVD - Multiregionmagic The Home Of Multiregion DVD

Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Blu-Ray Player<br>Multiregion DVD - Multiregionmagic The Home Of Multiregion DVD

The bd30 is cheaper, looks loads better but is not bd-live enabled although it is the one i am leaning towards. I don't know what it is but i just don't like the look of the bd35 at all, it just seems to look more like a supermarket dvd player.

which would you choose? And would i really miss bd-live?:)

Last edited:
the 35 is the newer model, also i hear a good bit quicker than the 30.

go for the 35:thumbsup:

Thanks for the answers guys, but will it be £70.00 faster? if that is the only difference, i think i will be able to live with it as i know none of the blu ray players are exactly speedy!! unless someone can convince me otherwise......:thumbsup:

new players usually dont get worse than the ones that came before.
probably the new one have better parts onboard, and better firmware to.

vince ive got the Bd10a bd30 bd35

and i really cant tell much difference bewteen the 30 and 35 and the speed increase in my opinon is that much to be honest

i would say the Bd35 only because it is Slimmer and doesnt take as much room as the 35 as the remote's are totally identical and both remote will control both machines at the same time

:)

The BD35 is profile 2 so should be more future proof as well. Who knows what they may do. Incidentally if it is a budget issue and all you want is DVD multi region then Richer Sounds have a multi region 35 for 209 and Costco have a non multi region offer for 160 but it's a universal remote hack to make it multi region.

The 35 is a much more accomplsihed player, faster, more future proofed and much better SD performance.

thanks again guys, but i don't think i can get over the fact that the 35 just does not look like a cutting edge bit of kit (very shallow of me i know!) like i said it looks a bit like a cheap supermarket dvd player ha ha ha :)

thanks again guys, but i don't think i can get over the fact that the 35 just does not look like a cutting edge bit of kit (very shallow of me i know!) like i said it looks a bit like a cheap supermarket dvd player ha ha ha :)

so you'll buy the less cutting edge piece of kit because it looks more cutting edge? if you are concerned with cutting edge, the 35 is the only choice

The build quality isn't the players forte, however it's performance is much better than it's looks / build. The competition is beter bolted together.

Well i plumped for the 30 and all i can say is wow! the build quality is fine the pictures are stunning and i dont have a problem with the speed at all! it must be ten times faster than the hd dvd player!:clap:

you haven't tried any Java discs yet then!!. Unlike HD DVD there is a huge range of loading speeds according to BD J content on Blu ray discs from fast to painfully slow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom