which panasonic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by toastee, Mar 19, 2006.

1. toastee

toastee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have a Panasonic TX-28DTX11 with built in a digital thing.am thinking of buying a dvd (the DMREH50) but want to know,will i be able to watch a digital program while recording a different digital program on a different channel.do you need two digital things to do that.would the DMRES20D be a better choice.

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The ES20D has no hard disk which makes any editing harder. Most people with digital TV's use a separate Freeview STB connected to AV2 on the dvd recorder. This allows you to watch other freeview channels on the TV tuner.
    It's the simplest solution. Just daisy chain your aerial STB > DVD > TV.

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewreceivers.html

3. toastee

toastee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    so are you saying,if i go for the DMREH50 i would need a separate Freeview STB to make the above work.though it would be nice to have the hard disc and the SD memory slot,i could do with out.

and will the DMRES20D suit my needs,i suppose i can live with dvd disc laying round every where.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    If you are using the TV's digital tuner to record a freeview channel on the dvd recorder then that effectively stops you watching anything else on the TV whilst that recording is taking place.

Using your TV's freeview TV tuner just for WATCHING TV and using a STB connected to the DVDR just to record another freeview channel makes life so much simpler.

Or, like me, you could connect a twin freeview PVR to the DVDR instead of a STB. I do not have an IDTV but I have several PVR's and STB's.

Recordings made direct from the ES20D freeview tuner may be slightly better in quality but you would lose the convenience of the EH50's 80GB HDD.