Question Which Panasonic or Samsung 50 - 55 inch TV?

IMS

Novice Member
Reaction score
The Panasonic TV (50AX802B) I got from their refurb store 2 years ago has gone on the blink so its new TV time.

Usage Sky Q, Netflix (4k), Amazon TV, Blu-Rays and streams /casting from laptop. I don't watch sports, more movies / sci-fi

I'm ruling out the KD-55XE9005 for the moment as I think £1000 + is too much for a tv - I'd say even the 49 inch version is £950

Shortlist is
Panasonic TX50EX750B - £849 its the closest match to my current TV but top end of budget
Samsung UE55MU7000 currently 799 at Richer sounds

Curveball(s)
Samsung UE55MU6400 - its loads cheaper at £629 but only has a 50hz panel - is it going to be noticeable?

I've seen the thread on the DX902 refurbs and specs wise it cant be beaten, but I'm very wary of buying a panasonic refurb again after only getting 2 years out of my current set. - I like the security the 5/6 year guarantees at Currys / Richer sounds.

I'd be interested to know everyones thoughts..

Sony 55XE85
Samsung 55MU7000
Panasonic 55EX750

All same performing, one isn't really better than the other, whichever smart/aesthetics/price you like best.

Thanks for your thoughts Dodgexander.
I ended up getting a 55 inch Samsung KS9000 from John Lewis for £599 (last one they had, was an open box, but with full 5 year warranty) - From other comments I've read these are similar to the Samsung Q range this year. Even to my untrained the picture quality is a big step up from the 50AX802 so I think I got a bit of a bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom