Which Panasonic DMR recorder use this remote?

Manete

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a question.
I'm buying a second hand Panasonic DMR EX86EC-K for a friend and in the pictures I see a remote which I think does not belong to that model.

I think this model uses the remote which has the Guide green curved button. However this one lacks this button, and instead we can see "Prog/Check" in that position.
Just below the up/down channel button, we see the button "Chapter" and "Display".
See attached picture.

So I have 2 questions:
1- To which Panasonic DMR recorder belong this remote?
2- There's no Guide button anywhere...so where's the button to trigger the Guide EPG Menu?

I'll wait for your comments guys.
Cheers,

Attachments

• Mando Panasonic DMR.jpg
    Mando Panasonic DMR.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
According to Page 6 of the manual for the '86EC, ( manual here) ... that is the correct remote.

It's probably not a UK spec recorder which is why it does not have a guide button.

It should end ebk for UK.

Thanks for your answers.
I owned both EX75EG and EX77EC and they had the "guide button", I can't understand why the EX86EC does not have it, and yet, the UK model EX86EB has that button. :confused:

Gavtech, I can't access your shared link with the PDF manual, and I'd really like to have a look at it indeed.
Any other mirror site to download it? I have not been able to find the PDF for the EC model, just the UK version.

Cheers!

Thanks for your answers.
I owned both EX75EG and EX77EC and they had the "guide button", I can't understand why the EX86EC does not have it, and yet, the UK model EX86EB has that button. :confused:

Gavtech, I can't access your shared link with the PDF manual, and I'd really like to have a look at it indeed.
Any other mirror site to download it? I have not been able to find the PDF for the EC model, just the UK version.

Cheers!
This should work for the EC model, it mentions in the specs on various sites it has an EPG but skimming the manual which isn't easy in Italian, I can't see it mentioned.View attachment B1UKniB4i4S.pdf

Hi BigD18t. Thanks for your help.
I've just found the Spanish manual for this EC model a minute ago, and just like in the italian one, it does not seem to have a shortcut to the Guide in the remote. :thumbsdow
The EPG is not even mentioned, while if you have a look at the UK manual for the EB model, it shows how to use the EPG.
I've read a couple of reviews on Amazon (Spain) and a couple of guys complain about this missing key/function.
I'm puzzled... the EX75EG, EX86EB, EX77EC have this key/function ...but not the EX86EC???
I just wonder if the EPG does exist in this EX86EC model though... what would happen if I got hold of a remote with the Guide button on it ...and pressed it... would it show the EPG?? ... :rolleyes:

Just skimmed manual and remote?
Or the EC model is a skimmed version of its sibling, the EB model?

Last edited:
Hi BigD18t. Thanks for your help.
I've just found the Spanish manual for this EC model a minute ago, and just like in the italian one, it does not seem to have a shortcut to the Guide in the remote. :thumbsdow
The EPG is not even mentioned, while if you have a look at the UK manual for the EB model, it shows how to use the EPG.
I've read a couple of reviews on Amazon (Spain) and a couple of guys complain about this missing key/function.
I'm puzzled... the EX75EG, EX86EB, EX77EC have this key/function ...but not the EX86EC???
I just wonder if the EPG does exist in this EX86EC model though... what would happen if I got hold of a remote with the Guide button on it ...and pressed it... would it show the EPG?? ... :rolleyes:

Just skimmed manual and remote?
Or the EC model is a skimmed version of its sibling, the EB model?

Do Spanish products normally have an EPG !! can't I've ever noticed while on holiday and seem to remember having to scroll through channels to find things to watch,.

Do Spanish products normally have an EPG !! can't I've ever noticed while on holiday and seem to remember having to scroll through channels to find things to watch,.
hehe, of course we have EPG on (almost) every device here in Spain! Sure thing :)
Even my fat 18 year-old Panny TV has the infamous EPG button.
And in fact, it eventually has become a must-have function for me, especially on a recorder device like this one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom