Which Panasonic Camcorder To Go For??

stuu3270

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a camcorder and cannot spend too much. So I was initially looking at the £250 price mark. My budget has gone up a little, though and I am now looking around the £300 + price range.

I have been researching these products...

Panasonic HDC-SD9
Panasonic HDC-SD10
Panasonic HDC-SD20

I am a little confused and obviously new to this stuff. What are the main differences between these three?

Which is the newest product?

Are there any other brands and models that are the equivalent in terms of price, performance, etc.?

Although some reviewd slate the picture quality I have looked on youtube and many of the videos posted in HD there are pretty good. WHat do you think?

Thanks

Stu

The SD9 has been discontinued a while now. Although one might assume the SD20 is the latest model, it's actually the SD10, though not by much (they were released within a month or two of each other).

They all have small sensors (the SD9 has 3x1/6-inch CCDs, the others 1x1/6" CMOS) so they'll give you good results in good lighting, but pretty average results indoors or in less than optimal light.

Of the three, my preference would be the SD9.

They all have small sensors (the SD9 has 3x1/6-inch CCDs, the others 1x1/6" CMOS) so they'll give you good results in good lighting, but pretty average results indoors or in less than optimal light.

Thanks...

Could you just give me a quick and basic run down of what that actually means? What's a CCD? Are there any other brands offering equivalent products?

Stu

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom