1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Panasonic 32"

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Andrewp369, Apr 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Andrewp369

Andrewp369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father has to replace his failing TV and I have convinced him of the benefits of a decent widescreen. He is, however, set on a Panasonic as he buys all his electricals from the local Panasonic centre which has excellent customer service and will pricematch all local shops. He has been offered several 32" options and my question is 'which one should he go for'? He is not into sound in a big way so it is really the picture quality that will be important, although an in built 'surround sound' set would be an option. He may add a DVD player and has a VCR. He is prepared to pay up to around £1000-£1200. I would be grateful for any advice.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The 2 Panasonic tv's in that price range would be the TX32PH40, looks quite good on the new stand at £895 at empire direct.

The other one is the TX32PB50 at £1193, IMO this is an ugly tv. Both seem to have plenty of features though.

I dont own either so can't comment of the picture/sound quality etc. Do a search on the forum, it will bring up plenty of opinions.

Paul

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I am in the same boat, wnating to replace an old tv with a new 32".

Whatever u do make sure he looks and listens to the TV he wants and makes comparisons. As fas as I am concerned the introduction of the word DIGITAL has ruined tv's forever, ie Digital Comb filter, wide plus technology, Dynamic Roise reduction and so on and of course 100hz. All of these make an impact on the picture quality and it is not for the best.

The Panasonice 32 PL1 is a 50hz with great picture quality and so so sound but it is a lot less than £1000.00 that u intend to spend. empire direct is a good start.

Finally, Pansonic have a new range coming out in MAY/JUNE so it may be prudent to wait and see the reviews and the prices of older shapes may drop even further.

GB--

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I had the PB50(32") ,actually I went through three PB50's

all had great dvd quality but the RF picture was terrible and all but the best sky pictures left alot to be desired !

Another concern was the "Dirty screen" effect , this was particually noticable when the camera panned across the screen against a pale colour (i.e football) , so I would not recommend this TV for any football fans .

It does have lots of feature's , PIP,POP,PAT ,two tuners , dd5.1 , dts5.1 two large wide stands and fast text .

I now own a Sony KV32FQ80 and I'm very happy

:D :D :D :D :D

5. p306

p306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic TX-32 PS20 is the model to buy if 50 Hz flickers too much to your eyes. It's got PAL progressive input as well. Otherwise it should be PL1.