Which Panasonic 2017 EX model equates to the DX902

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by bryfly, Sep 9, 2017.

1. bryfly

bryfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    As everybody appears to rate the DX902 as the best model from the 2016 Panasonic range and they are getting as rare as Hen's teeth, what is the equivalent 2017 Panasonic that is nearest to it in terms of performance and desirability, or do we have to change manufacturer to get close.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,534
    The E-series 900 model is the EZ950. That is an OLED though, so it's a different set of trade-offs to the DX902.

There isn't an LCD equivalent in 2017. Whether Panasonic will release another LCD similar to the DX902 in 2018 remains to be seen, it's plausible at that point that they could go OLED-only for the top of the range models.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,343
    Only FALD TVs this year in the UK are the Sony 75XE94, 65ZD9 & 75ZD9 and Hisense 70NU9700...although the ZD9 is actualy a 2016 model but its still being produced this year.

Last year the Samsung 65KS9500 is another option, if you can't find a DX902 maybe you can find one of those...but if anything I think they are rarer.

4. Mattchew

Mattchew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just took my Panasonic DX902 back as it is already outdated. But you can still get them at Richer Sounds. I wouldn't bother though personally because its already behind the times and the firmware support updates they said are coming never seem to come and probably never will. It seems Panasonic have now shifted to OLED. OLED is the future but it is still in its infancy and needs time to iron out all the problems that OLED's suffer from. Personally i'd hold off and save your money for 5yrs or so. Even experts who have top end OLED TV's say now really isn't the time to buy and say you should hold off for 5 to 10yrs until OLED technology has progressed. Samsung still do LED but build quality is terrible. Last years top end Samsungs back panels were literally held on with just 4 bits of sticky tape and a little glue in each corner. As a result the back panels kept peeling off and bleeding light out from the frames. And even when Samsung engineers repaired them they just replaced the 4 bits of sticky tape in the corners and it would just peel off again. See for yourself here.
    REPAIR UPDATE : 2016 SAMSUNG SUHD 65" 4K...