Which output is best for Sony KDL-32D3000?

NicholasG

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered a Sony Bravia 32" LCD (KDL-32D3000) which is running natively at 1366 x 768.

Which output from the Xbox 360 will produce the best picture quality for this specific television? I don't own the console yet which is why I want to check whether I can get away with the cheaper Premium package as I won't be supporting full HD.

many thanks,
N

I use the 32D3000 with VGA - looks superb! I've also tried it with component, but there appears to be a slight ghosting effect on some games although this is not present on the same game with VGA. :confused:

I don't own the Elite so can't comment on HDMI, but you won't be dissapointed with VGA/Component I feel/hope!

I've also got this set and although i've never noticed any ghosting via component like Captain Spanky, i can say that VGA looks sharper to my eyes. Whichever connection you choose there are a wealth of options to tweak the settings on the TV that when fiddled with a bit should improve either.

I have owned this set for about 2 months now. Love it.

My feelings were that VGA is a slightly better picture definition, but looked a little washed out.
Overall i decided on Component which produced a much more vibrant, 'better' overall quality picture.

I picked up the xbox360 Elite last week.
The HDMI output is a clear improvement over both vga and componant on this set.
I have the '360 set to 1080p as the tv can support that (albeit scaled down).

Well impressed with it.

I picked up the xbox360 Elite last week.
The HDMI output is a clear improvement over both vga and componant on this set.
I have the '360 set to 1080p as the tv can support that (albeit scaled down).

Well impressed with it.

So would you reckon I should shell out the extra quid and get the Elite package for the better HDMI output? Is it worth it?

I have owned this set for about 2 months now. Love it.

My feelings were that VGA is a slightly better picture definition, but looked a little washed out.
Overall i decided on Component which produced a much more vibrant, 'better' overall quality picture.

/QUOTE]

It's interesting you should say that as I felt that with VGA settings to expanded, colours actually looked nicer and more realistic than component. I didn't feel that there was a washed out effect, but each to their own I guess.

And to the OP, no matter which connection you use you can be sure you're getting a brilliant picture from a top class TV :thumbsup:

So would you reckon I should shell out the extra quid and get the Elite package for the better HDMI output? Is it worth it?

I would advise YES, if you are now in the market for an xbox, go for the Elite.

HDMI is way better than the other connections, not even debatable as far as i'm concerned.

You didnt skimp out on your choice of TV, dont try and save £40 or whatever on this, you will regret it IMO.

It's interesting you should say that as I felt that with VGA settings to expanded, colours actually looked nicer and more realistic than component. I didn't feel that there was a washed out effect, but each to their own I guess.

Well yes, two quite different pictures and it really does come down to taste.
There is no right or wrong way between those to connections.
All depends what your playing/watching and your personal taste.

HDMI is another matter though, (for me) it gave the picture definition of VGA with the colours and vibrancy of component.

I use VGA input on my 360, with Extended Color option in 360 Video Mode options.
There's only a problem: in VGA mode you can't change the color intensity of the D3000, and the red color is too high.
Anyone have noticed this problem? And if I can access to service mode, I can change it?

Thanks in advance! (and sorry for my bad english)

I find most of the replys weird, cause i have a 40D3000 and tried both VGA and Component and i really think Component is way better. VGA looks blurry, while component looks amazingly sharp. I seat 6,7 feet away from my 40" and i dont understand how you can say VGA gives the better picture with more definition when it looks blurry compared to component. Maybe there are some settings i need to check...

I find most of the replys weird, cause i have a 40D3000 and tried both VGA and Component and i really think Component is way better. VGA looks blurry, while component looks amazingly sharp. I seat 6,7 feet away from my 40" and i dont understand how you can say VGA gives the better picture with more definition when it looks blurry compared to component. Maybe there are some settings i need to check...

I think some felt the same before they downloaded the latest update which made quite a difference. Are you on Live?

I think some felt the same before they downloaded the latest update which made quite a difference. Are you on Live?

ive tried both and i think i prefer vga over component but im not 100%, reds look a bit too rich on vga to me.

i might be selling my 360 in a couple of months and if so ill get an elite which will hopefully look a bit better via hdmi.

one question though does anyone get a "this video mode is unsupported please change your settings" pop up box on this tv when connecting their 360?
i just press the menu button on the remote to make it go away but its annoying.

Ahhh, ok, so maybe thats it. I was on live till.... you know what, hehe.
I pretend to go back on Live when PES2008 comes out, so i'll check VGA again.
Thanks for pointing that out to me.

But i will have a problem if VGA looks better, cause i use my PC on the D3000 through VGA with a 10 meter VGA cable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom