Which Online Hd Player Review

J

jimmy696

Well now, After thinking that I'd made my mind up to buy a Creative Zen touch 40gb player (my first HD player purchase by the way), I have just read Which Online's best buy guide!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm now now more confused than ever!!

Is it me or do they just seem to bottom kiss the IPOD and slate everything else especially in relation to sound quality and ease of use?? (is this justified??)

It does state that all tests are done with the supplied headphones and I've heard that the IPOD ones are supposed to be quite adequate!

I'm now thinkin that I might be a little paranoid about sound quality issues (being a CD sound freak and all) and that any sound quality differences will probably be minimal if eveident at all with a decent set of headphones.

Any views on this?? :lease:

My advice would be to avoid Which Magazine/Online's advice like the plague - Im not sure how many staff they have but their expertise is very, very questionable - To be honest I have a very low opinion of this outfit, who are offering mediocre advice for a monthly subscription price of £8 - Which Magazine had a place 10 years ago in pre-internet days, but frankly, you can now find much better advice for free on other websites, and particularly on Internet Forums like this one.

My advice would be to avoid their advice and take what they say with a pinch of salt - The Ipod is the big name system and I think the biggest name was always going to come up trumps in their HD Player Review.

It's just food for thought, that's all. Which? are no Apple lovers - they are taking Apple to task over its iTunes service being more expensive in the UK that elsewhere in the EU, after all. They are, however, supremely impartial. That is the Consumers' Association's (the charity who publish Which?) sole purpose in existence, and they simply cannot stray from this fact.

Elsewhere, What Hifi? prefer the iPod over other DAPs. Nobody doubts *their* impartiality either when the product they prefer is specified.

It really only appears to be in public forums like this, where non-impartial opinions against the iPod are voiced.

I know which advice I'd take.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom