1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mo-S3, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Mo-S3

Mo-S3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ive currently got an LG MZ42PZ17 plasma but have been given the option of having it replaced (due a slight mark) with either the same model or a Hitachi 42PMA400E ormaybe even a Panasonic TH42PW5B
    Im very happy with the LG and i would like to know from any of u from ur experiences whether i should stick to the one i have or swap it for any of the other 2 ?
    If i do swao it then will i be noticing any improvement in picture and or quality ?

Thanks

2. silron1

silron1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my own personal experience, without doubt I would go for the Panasonic. However you would have to face substantial additional costs in as much as you need a special tuner + control board + special cable. On the other hand if you could run to the Panasonic 6??? ( I am delighted with the picture quality, a big improvement on the 5) there are 3 slots at the rear where you can put one or more control boards of your choice. There are deals that include a scart control board at around £2900.
    If you have a Skybox this could act as your tuner. Make sure to set it to RGB output.

3. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LG have recently released a new model MZ-42PZ44K which has higher contrat/brightness settings than the 17, whilst having plenty of connection options including DVI and Scart.

The Specs on the UK LG site differ from those I have found on the LG Nordic site (which suggest it also includes the DCDI chipset from Faroudja - or maybe that should be the other way around ;o)) so that may be worth a look!

4. Mo-S3

Mo-S3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So u suggesting that i dont go for the Hitachi plasma?? NA with regards to the LG '44 model i dont think thats gonna be an option and neither is going up to a series 6 Panasonic..

Just really interested in the 3 models i listed

Thanks anyway