1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Mo-S3, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Mo-S3

Mo-S3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ive currently got an LG MZ42PZ17 plasma but have been given the option of having it replaced (due a slight mark) with either the same model or a Hitachi 42PMA400E ormaybe even a Panasonic TH42PW5B
    Im very happy with the LG and i would like to know from any of u from ur experiences whether i should stick to the one i have or swap it for any of the other 2 ?
    If i do swao it then will i be noticing any improvement in picture and or quality ?

Thanks

2. silron1

silron1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my own personal experience, without doubt I would go for the Panasonic. However you would have to face substantial additional costs in as much as you need a special tuner + control board + special cable. On the other hand if you could run to the Panasonic 6??? ( I am delighted with the picture quality, a big improvement on the 5) there are 3 slots at the rear where you can put one or more control boards of your choice. There are deals that include a scart control board at around £2900.
    If you have a Skybox this could act as your tuner. Make sure to set it to RGB output.

3. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LG have recently released a new model MZ-42PZ44K which has higher contrat/brightness settings than the 17, whilst having plenty of connection options including DVI and Scart.

The Specs on the UK LG site differ from those I have found on the LG Nordic site (which suggest it also includes the DCDI chipset from Faroudja - or maybe that should be the other way around ;o)) so that may be worth a look!

4. Mo-S3

Mo-S3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So u suggesting that i dont go for the Hitachi plasma?? NA with regards to the LG '44 model i dont think thats gonna be an option and neither is going up to a series 6 Panasonic..

Just really interested in the 3 models i listed

Thanks anyway