1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which one

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kennyhibs, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kennyhibs

kennyhibs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    after a few months of searching and a lot reading i can't make my mind up between a Panasonic AG-DVX 100 and a Sony DSR-PD170

best price i can find here in uk is £2399 for panasonic and £2349 for sony

are they good prices?
    any better option out there for that kind of cash keeping in mind i need a good audio setup to allow audio from mixing desk

kenny

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
  3. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Kenny, what are you planning to use your camera for most?

4. kennyhibs

kennyhibs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will use it most for covering football matches for my local club

kenny

5. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Kenny, BBC use a lot of Sony's and they have a very good reputation for reliability. The Panasonic also has an excellent reputation and is being used by amateur filmmakers using all sorts of lens add-ons as it is capable of capturing progressive (filmic) images. The XL1s is very good value also at around £2000. I would be inclined to go up to Tottenham Court Road if you're anywhere near London and have a play with all three, there will be plenty of helpful sales people there and you can see which one you're most comfortable with. The Canon is a wicked looking camera but some people have concerns about their reliability although I own a XL1 and a XL1s and I've never had any problems. If you can manage to get there, Videoforum 2005 is on at Earl's Court next week and you can go for free and play with all the latest kit. There will be plenty of people who can give you help and advice, also there are always freebies, demos and cheap deals on anything from cameras and software to tripods and lighting accessories, it's definitely worth a trip (you need to register for free at www.videoforum.co.uk). Hope this helps - let us know which one you decide to buy, and why :clap:

6. kennyhibs

kennyhibs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    think the pd170p will be the one for me.

Reason being is i need to add a x2 tele lens and i cant seem to find one for the agdvx100

kenny