Which one?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Rebecca, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

First of all, I have to say I am a newbie in the camcorder world. I have been using several DVDR in the last months (currently I have a Tosh XS32), and I have decided to get a camcorder. I want it to record family stuff (birthdays, holidays and so on). However, although I will not use it for proffesional works, I would like it to have kind of 'pro' effects (like fade in, fade out and all that things you see in wedding videos made by professional guys).
    I do not know about the minimum number of pixels it should have or the best zoom, number of lux to work and so on. So, any help will be very welcome. I have been told about the Sony camcorders, in particular:

- Sony PC109.
    - Sony HC40.
    - The equivalent CANON (I think it is the MV-6iMC, not sure about this).

Which one would be the best choice for my limited requirements? Is there any other brand / model I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
    Kisses.
    Rebecca. ;)

2. Mentorron

Mentorron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HC-40 is a good choice. Also look at the JVC GR-D5x, 7x, and 9x series which use the new 3D Noise elimination circuits, and possibly the Panasonic PV-GS120. Note the JVC models do not have microphone inputs. Also, check out the camcorder reviews at www.pcmag.com and www.camcorderinfo.com

3. Rebecca

Rebecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick answer!
    Which is the difference between the Sony PC109 and the Sony HC40?
    They seem pretty similar.

Kisses.
    Rebecca. ;)

4. Origin

Origin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rebecca: Do not worry about "effects" like fade in or fade out being available on the camera. It is always best to record your footage without applying any permanent effects to the recording using the camera. Things like fade-ins and fade-outs are best applied when you are editing the video on the computer.

If you have Windows XP installed, look for the included MovieMaker application. In the Collections pane on the left, look in the Video Effects and Video Transitions folders to get an idea of what even a basic free video editor will be able to do...