1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ufuk, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have to choose one of these three subs; i'm aware that these subs are not more than booming boxes but i don't spend more money on a sub now. To help you advice; my system is : Sony STR 595 Reciver; Koda M604 front speakers and Sony SS CRF-305 surround speakers. My alternatives are:
    1. Eltax Atomic A8.2
    2. Jamo E.3
    3. Koda SW10
    Which one is the best to me?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    would it not be possible to wait a few monts and save some more for a decent budget sub?? MS309/BK XLS200 £219/£275 :devil:

3. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been working for 3 months and i have to buy lots of things so for a year or two; i have to buy and use one of these cheap sub's...Although i have more money; i limited my budget to these sub's... In a year or later, i'll ask for your ideas for a better sub but not today :(

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,298
    If you look in the budget sub test thread, you'll see that a Paradigm PDR10 was tested and it didn't disgrace itself. These turn up here and elsewhere for under £100 and would be an excellent starter. I would seriously advise looking for one of these over your shortlist. From your list I'd probably choose the Jamo.

5. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies...
    i think i had to state i'm from Turkey...and unfortunately although i'm quite familiar with hi-fi systems; i have not heard about the models you mentioned...so please write full model & brand names to make my mind clear...i don't know if i can find them in Turkey; especially in Ankara... (but if you insist on a model, i can go look for it in ?stanbul... :smashin: )

I'm going to keep Jamo in my mind :smashin:

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  7. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mordaunt short 309 is about 400-450 dollars!!! I have 150-200... :(

8. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Although it is a matter of your own personal priorities. I would strongly suggest patience. Save a bit longer and buy a known performer. If you buy a cheap boom-box you will regret it very quickly. Then you have to buy two subwoofers. The one you bought first and the next one that actually works as promised.

Nimby

9. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Nimby, you are right...i have to be patient and buy a better sub. But i have to buy lots of things these days; more essential then a sub. So this sub is only a temporary solution; i will buy a better one next year. So my question is; "which one is the best to use only one year?"...

10. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It would be better to go without than to use a 'temporary' sub or look for a second hand better model and stick with that. As you said you have lots of things to buy more essential than a sub :)

11. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok but it's a big problem to find a good sub in the second hand market in Turkey...

12. ufuk

ufuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about JVC SPW 100 compared to the subs above? (koda,eltax,jamo)