1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rsr, Feb 2, 2004.

1. rsr

rsr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am new on here and would like some advice on what 42" plasma to get. I want one which has the best PQ for watching sports mainly football and also dvd. I have been loking at the Panasonic & Pioneer but would appreciate any feed back on these.

Cheers
    Rich
    :hiya:

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Probably best off searching these forums for opinions to start with.

Most people tend to favour either of the two models you mention. I personally went for a Panny 6 which I have been very pleased with.

I tested both the Pioneer 434 and the Panny 6 - in terms of raw image I slightly preferred the Pioneer, but not enough to justify the £1.5k price difference between the two.

3. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That's the big crunch. To me the Pioneer looks better, design and picture but it costs about 30% more. You can buy alot of kit with that difference and once its home will you know ?

I'm holding off for a while now to see the new Hitachi's :) I can't justify the Pioneer for the lounge as it will be predominantly used for TV and although HDMI looks amazing it means another big outlay on a compatible DVD player. :(

Now if only Pioneer would do a 37" :cool: